2022 Trends in Martech and CRM
Too many choices!
Why pay attention to the 2022 trends in martech and CRM platforms? We’re now up to 10,000 martech platforms alone.
That’s too many.
How is a small-ish company supposed to navigate this?
The big names, like Salesforce and Hubspot, command ridiculous prices. Unless you’re already in the $500 million+ range in revenues, there are way better choices.
When you hop over to Capterra to look at platforms, you’ll still see they’re divided into ‘CRM’, ’email marketing’, et.al.
Regards 2022 trends in martech and CRM, I believe sales and marketing functions are on a collision course to become one function, underpinned by a single platform.
There’s not much reason for those two functions to be in separate silos anymore.
Today, both functions are playing nicer together. There are too many interdependencies to do otherwise.
Many, many companies do not need the more expensive platforms. Those companies just need to use, more effectively, the platforms that cost a fraction.
Culling your stack in 2022
Not many tech or SaaS marketing departments can stay on top of new developments in martech and CRM. Most are busy chasing new prospects.
Here are the key 2022 trends in martech and CRM:
- Prices keep coming down. Every new entrant in this space intensifies competition.
- There’s no reason to buy and manage separate platforms for marketing and sales. There’s just too many that do both functions well. Native integration is a huge bonus for users.
- The C-suite is waking up to efficiencies gained, and costs cut, by culling sales and martech stacks. Many are replacing outdated stacks altogether with all-in-one solutions that cost less and are easier to use.
How do you navigate the 2022 trends in martech and CRM?
New and better sales and marketing automation platform emerge continuously. Purpose built for small and mid-sized B2Bs, these platforms are designed. from the ground up, to integrate sales and marketing.
- No more jumping around from platform to platform to get a campaign out the door, send alerts to the sales people and measure engagement.
- No more ‘who do I call’ when something goes wrong.
- Best of all, no more annual subscriptions and cumbersome contracts.
Smart tech and SaaS companies are taking advantage of new offerings.
Maybe it’s time you take a look?